|1. Start with a square piece of paper for each student. Fold
the paper from corner to corner both directions, then bottom to top and
side to side. You should now have 8 triangles that are the same size.
2. Starting with quadrant 1 in the upper right, using the triangle that sits on the X-axis, print a math word in block or bubble letters on the X-axis. The word should go from the center of the paper out to the edge of the triangle on both bottom, top and outer edge. Outline these letters in darker pencil or pen so you can see them better.
3. Fold the paper backwards along the diagonal (the top edge of your word). Hold the folded paper up to a window or put it on an overhead projector with the blank side out and the word showing through the paper. Trace the word in pencil.
4. Fold the paper back along the y-axis and repeat the tracing.
5. Fold the paper along the x-axis and repeat the tracing. Your sheet should be totally filled in by now.
6. Color the letters however you wish and background if you wish. Challenge your classmate to read your word.
7. Print your name on the back. You might want to print a definition of your word if you are in a class that uses definitions.
8. Laminate and post on wall for other classes to guess your words.